Jordan

Jordan

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Irbid

Back to Irbid, once again. I'm way too tired to give a complete update right now but wanted to let everyone know that I made it to my final destination for the next two months. Cairo was awesome, despite a few mishaps, and I'll try and upload a few pictures tomorrow from the pyramids and such.

We're living in student apartments this year and they're simply amazing, definitely an upgrade from our hotel last year. We have a full kitchen, washing machine, t.v. and extensive cable package, hot water, and wifi! I'm living with my buddies Matt and Cullen and we're all in agreement that it's nice to have a place we can call our own. We went and got some groceries today and are already planning "family meals" with the rest of the group.

I arrived in Amman around noon yesterday and spent the day waiting for everyone else to arrive before our pick up at 10:00 p.m. It was a long day in the airport, but as most of you know, I can sleep just about anywhere at anytime so was able to catch some shut eye. It was also nice to catch up with Antonia while we were waiting around.

Our first meal in Jordan was delicious. We stopped by a local restaurant and were treated to all of the things I missed the most: fire-baked flat bread, hummus, ful, chicken shwarma, falafel, and tea. I've missed the food more than anything so took the liberty of stuffing my face. When we finally got back to Irbid around 2:00 a.m. (it took an hour longer than usual due to the festivities surrounding Jordanian Independence Day yesterday) we got unpacked and settled in our new place, then headed straight to our favorite internet cafe "Qasabji" to skype with a few people back home. I don't know if it was the best idea but being so late my roommates and I decided to just stay awake until our meeting at 9 a.m. this morning. I'm starting to regret that decision just about now, can hardly keep my eyes open. The plan is to make it a few more hours, then pass out until morning. We have a big day tomorrow as we'll be taking our placement exam so I want to get a good night's sleep.

Until Later,
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment